Procedure For LLP Registration
- The minimum number of partners to incorporate a LLP is two, they may be individuals or body corporate who may be acting through their representatives
- All the designated partners shall obtain Designated Partner Identification Number (DPIN), DPIN is an eight digit numeric number allotted by the Central Government in order to identify a particular partner.
- Fill up Form 7 for allotment of DPIN
- Pay filing fee of Rs.100 online through credit card (master/visa)
- For making an application under sub rule(1),the applicant shall attach the following :-
a. Attested or certified copy of the proof of identifies containing self photograph, date of birth and fathers name.
b. Attested or certified copy of the proof of residence
c. Attested recent self photograph pasted on a plain paper and maintaining on that paper his or her name and affixing his or her two signatures there on
d. In case the applicant is a foreign national, a copy of the valid passport shall be proof of identity.
e. In case the applicant is nominee of a body corporate , a copy of resolution or authorization on the letter head of the body corporate mentioning the name and address of an individual nominated to act as designated partner on its behalf shall also be attached
Provided that in case the proof of identity and proof of residence is in a language other than Hindi or English shall also be attached.
- The documents referred in sub rule (2) shall be attested or certified by any one of the following authorities
a. Gazetted officer of the Central or State Government
b. Notary public
c. Company secretary or Chartered Accountants, Cost and Works Accountants holding a certificate of practice.
- The Central Government shall process the application received for allotment of DPIN under sub rule (1) and shall decide the on the approval or rejection thereof and communicate the same along the with the DPIN allotted in the case of approval to the applicant by way of letter by post or electronically or in any other mode, with in a period of thirty days from the receipt of such application
- The Designated Partner identification number allotted under sub rule (4) is valid for the life time of the applicant.
- Every Designated Partner shall along with his consent to be a Designated Partner, intimate his /her DPIN to the Limited Liability Partnership in form 9.
- Every Designated Partner, who has allotted a DPIN under these rules, in the event of any change in particulars of such Designated Partner shall intimate such changes to the central Government with in a period of 30 days of such changes in form 10.
- The Designated Partners shall attach certified copies of the proof of the change particulars from any of the authorities specified in sub rule (3)
- There shall be no fee for intimating the changes of particulars in form 10
- Incorporation documents must be filed with the Registrar in (E-Form 2) with the following attachments.
- Copy of authorization where the partner is a limited liability partnership, or company, or a limited liability partnership incorporated outside India or a company incorporated outside India.
- Proof of address of registered office of limited liability partnership
- Details in respect of names of partners/witnesses and their signatures
- Attachments in respect of details of individuals/bodies corporate where the number exceeds five.
- Optional attachments as may be required.
- E-Forms contains details such as name of designated partners, SRN no. of E-Form 1, name of LLP, address of LLP, particulars of the state in which LLP is being incorporated
- After the Registrar is satisfied that all the formalities with respect to the incorporation has been complied, he will issue a Certificate of Incorporation as to formation of the LLP within maximum of 14 days from date of filing of documents. The Certificate of Incorporation issued shall be the conclusive evidence of formation of the LLP.
- On incorporation Every LLP so registered shall be assigned a LLP identification number (LLPIN) in one consecutive series
- LLP agreement must be filed in (E-Form 3) with the Registrar. This form must be filed within 30 days of incorporation
- The LLP Agreement must be stamped in accordance with the stamp Act applicable in the relevant state where LLP is being incorporated
- All the E-Forms will be digitally signed by any designated partner and shall be certified by an advocate/company secretary/chartered accountant/cost accountant in practice engaged in the formation of LLP
Reservation of Name
- Open Form-1 for reservation of name and fill in the details. Select name of the proposed LLP (up to 6 choices can be indicated).
- Any partner or designated partner in the proposed LLP may submit Form-1.
- Append digital signatures and submit the e-form
- Pay the necessary fee by credit card (master/visa).
- Free name search facility (of existing companies / LLPs) is available on MCA portal (hyper link available on LLP portal).The system will provide the list of similar/closely resembling names of existing companies/LLPs based on the search criteria filled up.
- Details of minimum two designated partners of the proposed LLP, one of them must be a resident of India, is required to be filled in the application for reservation of name. Only individuals or nominees on behalf of the bodies corporate as partners can act as designated partners.
- Check status of your application by logging on the portal