REGISTRATION OF SOCIETIES AT INDIA LEVEL
1. Society is registered under the Societies Registration Act,1860
2. Registration of Society at India Level requires minimum of nine members. All members must submit their original identity and address proof (DL/Copy of Passport/Voter ID/ PAN/bank statement etc.).
3. Two Members (President/Treasurer or Secretary /Treasurer) should be from Delhi and rest of the members from seven states other than Delhi.
4. Name of Society
- The Emblems Act, 1950 prohibits the use of any name, emblems, official seal etc. without previous permission of competent authority.
- It also prohibits the use of the name of national heroes
If the proposed name should not resembles with an existing registered society, and should not be such as is likely to deceive the public or the member of society.
- Application has to be submitted to the Registrar of Societies together with:
- Memorandum of Association and Rules and Regulations.
- Consent letter of all the members of Managing Committee.
- Authority letter duly signed by all the members of Managing Committee.
- An affidavit or non judicial stamp paper of Rs 20.
- Declaration by the members of the society that the funds will be used only for fulfilling the aims of the society.
- NOC from the landlord if the registered office is in rented premises
- Proof of address of the registered office.
Delhi has seven districts. Each district has its own Registrar of Society. Application should be submitted to the Registrar under whose jurisdiction, the registered address of the society falls.
All the documents should be submitted in duplicate together with the registration fee of Rs.500/-. Once the Registrar is satisfied with the documentation, the Registrar of the Society issues Certificate for Registration of Society.